Are Your Gutters Ready?
What to look for when inspecting your Denver rain gutters?
The Winter Gutter Inspection Checklist:
- Inspect shingles. Any missing or loose shingles? Replace before it snows!
- Look at the flashing around the chimney stack and roof obstacles which ensures melting ice does not drip into your castle.
- Clean out downspouts and gutters. Debris causes heavy snow melt to find alternative routes to slide down or into your home.
- Add insulation to your attic and crawlspaces. Not only will you save on heating, but this will prevent ice dams from forming through heat loss in these areas. Ice dams can destroy a house!
- Inspect the outflow portion of your downspouts. Are they to close to the foundation? A leading cause of home foundation failure is due to water deteriorating the foundation walls leading to cracks and soil erosion.
- Look in the attic (bring a flashlight) and inspect the area for water damage or leaks.